Chilly Garlic Gratin is my own concoction. I like the flavor of garlic in all my dishes, cauliflower being a very bland tasteless vegetable can dramatically change just by adding a hint of garlic and chilly...Just these two ingredients gives a lot of flavor and dimension to this dish...
500 Grams Cauliflower
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Cups Milk
1 Onion (Finely chopped)
4 Pods Garlic (Finely Chopped)
3 Chilies (Finely Chopped)
2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
1/4 Tsp Pepper Powder
1 Cup Bread Crumbs (if available use panko)
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1 Tsp Basil
Salt as per taste...
Please watch the video how to clean cauliflower...
- Wash and clean the cauliflower florets as per the video reserve.
- Heat a heavy bottom pot on medium flame add butter and melt.
- Add garlic and chilies fry a bit add onion and fry till transparent.
- Add maida to the onion and fry till the lumps disappear...
- Add milk and keep stirring constantly till there are no lumps form a think gravy add the cauliflower, salt as per taste, pepper and nutmeg powder stir and remove from flame.
- Transfer the gravy to a baking dish top with cheese and bread crumbs sprinkle pizza or basil this step is optional.
- Bake at 450 degree for 20 minutes until the top layer forms a crust...remove from oven serve hot with bread toast...enjoy...:)