Crispy Vegetables in Chilly Basil Sauce
Crispy Vegetables in chilly basil sauce is something I've tasted across many restaurants. The sauce is so versatile, we can add meats and vegetables as per choice or spread some sauce over a slice of bread add cheese and grill toast. This dish is an excellent starter or can be served as side dish with fried rice or noodles.
After posting crispy basa in chilly basil sauce, I received so many requests for egg-less snacks. Since I've already prepared chilly basil sauce from my previous recipe, this recipe is another version using veggies hope everyone enjoys this dish.
Mixed Vegetables of your choice I chose to use( cubed, paneer, capsicum, mushrooms, babycorn, and baby potatoes)
4 Tbsp Corn Flour,
1/4 Cup Maida (All purpose flour)
1 Tbsp Chilly Flakes
1 Tbsp Pepper Powder
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste...
To Prepare Chilly Basil Sauce:
1 Cup Washed and Chopped Spring Onions
1/2 Cup Washed and Chopped Coriander with Stems
1/2 Cup Basil Leaves Washed and Chopped
1 Whole Garlic Peeled
1 Tbsp Peppercorns
5 to 6 Chilies
4 Tbsp Black Bean Sauce or Soya Sauce
1/4 Cup Sesame Oil...
Prepare Basil Sauce:
In a mixer jar add garlic, chilies, pepper and shallots grind to form a coarse paste. Add greens little at a time and grind to create a coarse paste...reserve.
Heat a wok with sesame oil on medium flame, add the ground paste to the oil and fry for a minute. Add black bean sauce or soya sauce fry until the oil surfaces on the sauce check for salt add if needed remove from heat and allow to cool.
Bottle the sauce and use as required we can serve this sauce instead of ketchup its yummy and very tasty when served with veg cutlets or french fries.
Method to Prepare Crispy Vegetables:
- Wash and prep all the vegetables. I've cooked the potatoes, peeled and cut into halfs and reserved.
- Make sure to chop all the vegetables into even bite size cubes.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of corn flour over the veggies and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl add corn flour, maida and salt as per taste. Using a whisk gradually add cold water and whisk to create a smooth batter.
- Add chilly flakes and pepper powder to the veggies toss to coat.
- Pour the batter over the veggies toss to coat and reserve.
- Heat enough oil for frying.
- Once the oil starts to smoke gently drop the vegetables one at a time and fry on low to medium flame util the coating turns light golden brown in color.
- Heat a wok on medium flame add 1 tbsp oil. Add 1 Tbsp oil once the oil is hot. Add 2 tbsp of chilly basil sauce toss the vegetables in the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves and lime juice serve right away...Enjoy:)