Mohanthal (Mohanlal) Halwa Recipe
Festive Celebrations are never complete without a homemade traditional dessert. Mohanlal or mohanthal halwa is a simple 5 ingredient halwa recipe.
The recipe and name of this dessert may vary as per region and culture. North India people refer this dessert as mohanthal and southindia we call it as mohanlal.
200 Grams of Gram Flour/Besan/Kadalai Maavu
200 Grams Sugar
200 Grams Khova/Milk solids
150 Grams Ghee
2 Tbsp Cardamom Powder
- Boil 2 Cup of water reserve
- Add cardamom powder and sugar to a mixer jar grind and reserve.
- Sift the gram flour twice and reserve
- Heat a wok with ghee on medium flame.
- Add sifted gram flour to the ghee place the flame on low and keep stirring.
- Fry the gram flour until the color changes.
- In 10 minutes the gram flour will turn light pink in color.
- Crumble and add khova to the gram flour keep stirring the mixture will foam.
- Add powdered sugar and stir. Eventually all the ingredients will get combined.
- Add 2 cups water and stir. The halwa will separate from the wok and ghee will surface to the sides of the pan remove from flame garnish with chopped almonds serve hot...Enjoy :)
Tips: Use a nonstick wok to prepare this halwa. Dry roasting the gram flour without ghee first this will enhance the flavor and taste of this halwa. Serve this halwa with hot badam milk.