Dill leaves or Sabsige idly is a famous delicacy in Bengaluru. They say this dish was originally prepared in Mysore. The flavorful dill leaves idly is topped with ghee or butter and served with spicy chutneys which literally melts in your mouth.
Ingredients for Sabsige Idly:
1 Bunch Dill Leaves (Sabsige soppu)
1 Onion Finely Chopped
5 Sprigs Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped)
3 Sprigs Curry Leaves (Finely Chopped)
3 1/2 Cups Idly batter
1 Inch Ginger and 5 Green Chillies Ground into a Paste
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Pinch Cooking Soda
1 Pinch Asafoetida
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Ghee
Idly Dosa Batter Recipe Video
Freedom is a leading brand of edible oil in South India. Launched in 2010, it has become one of the favorite brands of consumers because of its outstanding quality. Today Freedom is used by millions of homes across Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
“Choose freedom sunflower oil for healthier meals and a healthier you. It’s less absorbent and is enriched with vitamins A, D & E which makes it best for everyday use!”
Visit for more recipes on - www.freedomhealthyoil.com
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FreedomHealthyOil
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FreedomHealthyOil/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/freedomhealthyoil/
1. Clean the dill leaves. Wash and chop as fine as possible.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp Ghee and 2 Tbsp oil in a pan.
3. Add the ginger and chilly paste to the oil fry for a minute or until raw flavor reduces.
4. Add onion, curry leaves, pinch of asafoetida and coriander leaves to the oil and fry till onion.
5. Add dill leaves to the onion masala and fry for a minute sprinkle little water cover and cook the dill until the greens soften.
6. Make sure the moisture from the dill leaves evaporates before removing from the flame. Once the dill leaves masala is done remove from flame allow to cool.
7. To the Idly Batter add the cooked and cooled dill leaves masala, cooking soda and salt as per taste.
5. Mix the batter well.
6. Heat a pressure cooker or idly cooker with water.
7. Once the steam builds. smear idly plate with oil.
8. Pour Idly batter in the idly molds place the moulds for steam cooking.
9. Allow the idly to steam cook on medium flame for 10 minutes check if idly has cooked by pricking a sharp knife or a skewer in the middle if the batter does not stick the idly is done.
Serve the cooked idly topped with ghee or butter along with coconut chutney.