I totally came up with this recipe one day we had lot of boiled veggies and cooked leftover dhal combined all the ingredients to create a yummy macaroni kichadi. Out come was superb everyone enjoyed and appriciated my efforts.Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Elbow Macaroni
1/2 Cup Pigeon Peas / Toovar Dal
1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
1 Large Tomato (finely chopped)
2 Cups Mixed Vegetables (Cauliflower, Green peas, Green Beans, Carrots)
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
3 Green Chillies
2 Sprig Curry leafs
Fist Full Coriander leafs
1 Tsp Chilly Powder
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
3 Pods Cardamom
1 Inch Cinnamon
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
Asafoetida a pinch
3 Tsp Clarified Butter
Few Drops Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste.
- Cook the macaroni al-dente drain and reserve in a bowl.
- Steam or boil the mixed vegetables and reserve in a bowl.
- Wash the dal add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook the dal in a pressure cooker till well done.
- Heat a heavy bottom Wok or a Pan use nonstick if possible add oil and clarified butter add the cumin and spices allow to splutter a bit add the ginger garlic paste along with the curry leafs stir and fry a bit add the onion, tomato and chillies add a pinch of asafoetida stir and fry till the onion and tomato sofens a bit add the chilly powder, coriander powder and the turmeric powder to the tomato stir and fry a bit add the dal stir well add the vegetables and salt stir well check and if needed add 1 cup water cover allow to boil.
- Add the coriander to the boiling veges stir add the cooked macaroni stir check for salt add if needed sprinkle the shredded cheese on top cover for few minutes serve hot once the cheese melts....serve hot with raita...Enjoy...:)