Cauliflower Milagu Chukka
This Cauliflower milagu (pepper) chukka was served to me at a seminar during lunch i loved it so much with south Indian meal very nice side dish for simple rasam rice its peppery. give it a try you can serve just fried or with the masala its upto you. pepper can be altered as per your taste. click on the Link read and watch my demo video how to clean cauliflower.
250 Grams Cauliflower
1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
1 Large Capsicum (finely chopped)
5-6 Pods Garlic (thinly sliced)
1/4 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
3 to 4 Green Chilies
1 Sprig Curry Leafs
1 Tbsp Crush Pepper Corns (I've used a mortar and pestle to crush the peppercorns)
1/4 Tsp Ajinomoto (taste maker / MSG) (optional)
2 Tbsp Oil + for frying
Salt to taste
For the batter:
4 Tbsp All purpose flour/Maida
2 Tbsp Rice Flour
3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- For this recipe we need only the florets with little bit of steam click here follow the direction and clean the cauliflower before preparing the recipe.
- Once the cauliflower is cleaned pat dry and set aside.
- Add ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp pepper,pinch of ajinomoto, salt to the maida,rice and corn flour add water mix well and prepare a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a wok for frying add the florets to the batter coat the cauliflower separate and drop each floret in the hot oil.
- Allow the florets to fry on medium flame till it turns to light golden.
- Drain the oil and reserve in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or wok add the thinly sliced garlic fry a bit add curry leafs. add onion and chilies fry till the onion turns transparent.
- Once the turns transparent add capsicum and salt fry a bit add 2 to 3 tsp water and allow the capsicum to cook the water added should dry out before adding the fried cauliflower.
- Add the fried cauliflower 1/2 tsp pepper and a pinch of ajinomoto to the cooked capsicum add salt if needed fry a bit garnish with coriander and lime juice serve hot as side dish for any south Indian meals..Enjoy..:)
Recipe Demo Video in English...Enjoy...:)