Basil Chutney + Basil Salami Cheese Toast/Tulsi Thuvaiyal
As per Indian myth basil is considered to be auspicious we consider basil to be really holy in india tulsi is so secred from birth till death tulsi/basil is used in our homes...as per ayurveda tulsi has many properties the few which i know are its good for common cold flu digestion heart aliments liver related aliments and skin diseases and many more...
After all that gyan I feel hungry for more basil toast turned out really good yaar...you people need to try my side of Italian pesto converted to our style chutney I'm getting better or rather say excellent with my kitchen experiments... superb when served with hot steaming rice roti or dosa...can be stored upto 3 days in the fridge...perfect treat for winter...
Basil chutney video...:)
1 Medium Size Bell pepper
4 Green Chilies
4 Pods Garlic
2 Fist Full Basil leafs/Tulsi
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tsp Lime juice
Salt as per taste
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pick out all the old leafs and wash the basil thoroughly before use.
- Heat a wok with oil on medium flame add the garlic chilly and fry a bit add the onion and fry till transparent.
- Add the bell pepper and fry on low flame add the almonds and walnuts and allow the bell pepper to cook a bit.
- Add the basil and fry.
- Allow all the ingredients to cool before grinding.
- Add all the ingredients to amixerjar add cumin lime juice and salt and grind with out adding any water.
Serve right away with rice or roti...enjoy...:)
- Spread a dollop of chutney on the bread slice layer with salami and cheese spread chutney over the second slice and place over a hot tava add butter and toast till both sides turn light golden in color...serve hot with cafe latte and enjoy...:)