Basil Tea/Tulasi Kashayam
Recipe video watch enjoy...:)
2 Fist Full Basil if you can find fresh basil where you live 4 tbsp of dry basil can be used.
2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
1/2 Tbsp Pepper Corns
4-5 Cardamom Pods
2 Inch Ginger
8 Tbsp Jaggery or Honey
4 Cups Water
3 Tbsp Lime Juice (Optional)
- In a fry pan dry roast the coriander seeds, pepper corns and cardamom pods on a medium flame till light brown in color.
- Transfer the dry roasted ingredients to a mixer jar and grind till fine powder.
- Boil water in a heavy bottom pot add jaggery allow the jaggery to melt.
- Crush ginger in a mortar and pestle add the ginger to the boiling water allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the spice powder and basil bring to a rapid boil strain and serve hot.