Palak Paneer Samosa (Cheese & Spinach Samosa)
I'm almost become like a mad scientist experimenting on new flavors and taste keeping in mind it has to have a traditional element...talking about the samosa it was awesome bursting with flavors juicy cheesy and everything yum...who doesn't like palak panner its one of our traditional recipe. incorporating it into a samosa was my ultimate challenge results were super duper...:)
Recipe Demo Video Watch Subscribe...:)
1 Bunch Spinach(frozen or blanched drained and chopped finely)
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Onion(finely chopped)
1/2 Tomato(deseeded finely chopped)
2 to 3 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp Yogurt
50 Grams Paneer (Crumbled)
4 Cubes Cheddar Cheese(Finely chopped)
1/2 Tsp Chilly powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 Tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 Tsp Cumin powder
1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
2 Tsp Ghee
1 Tsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Heat a wok on medium flame add ghee and oil. add the ginger garlic paste fry till raw flavor has gone.
- Add onion fry for a minute add the tomato and chilly fry till tomato reduces a bit.
- Add the powdered spices and fry for a minute add the yogurt and fry a bit.
- Add spinach to the tomato mixture and fry a bit then add the crumble paneer and salt fry for a minute. remove from flame allow to cool completely.
- Add the chopped cheddar cheese and mix well reserve the filling in a bowl.
1 1/2 Cups Maida/All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Yogurt
2 Tbsp Ghee
1/2 Tsp Salt
- In a mixing bowl add maida yogurt and salt start kneading the dough if needed sprinkle water once dough has formed add ghee and knead to a soft dough cover and allow to rest for an hours time.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll out into chapati using a cutter cut the rolled out chapati and reserve.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame to fry the samosa.
- Take the cut out dough rounds and place a spoon full of filling in the middle wet the edges of the dough slightly.
- Fold the dough and pinch in the middle to secure seal one edge of the dough till center and fold the other half to form a triangle.
- Gently drop the samosa into oil and fry till golden brown drain oil and reserve on paper towel.