Basil Paneer Tikka
This recipe is a experiment which turned out real good i also tried a similar twist with chicken both the recipes turned out in flying colors everyone at home enjoyed my recipe...this will be a great party item...☺
250 Grams Paneer/Cottage Cheese
1 Medium Bell Pepper
Fist Full Basil Leaves
1 Large Onion
1/2 Cup Yogurt
10 Pods Garlic
1 Inch Ginger
7 to 8 Fresh Chillies
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
We also require Bamboo Skewers or Metal Skewers
Recipe Demo Video...Subscribe
- Cut the bell pepper into half remove the seeds and steam and cube in to equal pieces.
- Peel and cube the onion into equal cubes as bell pepper.
- In as fry pan add 1sp oil on medium flame fry the garlic ginger chillies and basil fry a bit till basil and chillies have roasted a bit remove from flame allow to cool.
- Add the fried ingredients to mixer jar add yogurt, garam masala and turmeric grind to a smooth paste.
- Cube the paneer into bite size pieces.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for a hour before use.
- In a mixing bowl add paneer cubed veg add the prepared masala and salt as per taste mix well and marinate atleast for an hour.
- Using the bamboo skewers skew on the onion and bell pepper first then a cube of paneer layer atleast 2 rows and reserve.
- Heat a tava or a iron skillet on medium flame place the skewers one by one add a sp oil and start to pan roast the paneer turning them gently and frying them on all sides add extra oil if needed and roast till it turns golden brown color to all sides...serve hot with lime wedges...Enjoy...:)