This is a three ingredient recipe very simple to prepare. Down side to this recipe is we cannot use wheat flour...the dough cannot be stored in fridge...the roti cannot be prepared ahead of time stored or reheated. You may ask why? The texture of this roti will not be the same if pre prepared and stored the roti will not be edible since this is a thin roti it will get chewy.
2 Cups Maida(All purpose flour)
1 1/2 Cups Warm Milk
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Oil
- Sift the maida thrice this step is a must.
- In a mixing bowl add the maida and salt mix well.
- Add warm milk to form a chapathi dough consistency once the dough has formed add oil.
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes until the dough is soft.
- Cover and allow the dough to rest for half n hour on the kitchen counter.
- After 1/2 hour take a golf size dough ball dust in extra flour and roll it out into thin roti.
- Make sure to roll the roti as thin as possible.
- Heat a skillet/tawa on medium flame transfer the rolled roti and fry on both sides for just under a minute since the roti is thin it will cook fast.
- Once tiny bubbles and brown spots appear the roti is done remove from flame and serve hot...Enjoy with korma or seekhs...:)
Some of our favorite curry to be served with roomali roti..
Chicken Green Curry
Green Gram Dhal Curry
Ridge Gourd Milky Curry
Mutton Chops Masala
Military Chicken Curry
Vegetable Keema Curry
Handi Seekh Kabab Curry
Please do not copy any pics or content without written permission from me..firstname.lastname@example.org thank you so much for visiting my blog.