Vengaya Chutney/Onion Chutney Recipe


This onion chutney is my moms recipe after many requests for this recipe on my facebook and youtube I'm posting this blog. Since my parents are diabetic and they cannot consume coconut on a regular basis we prepare onion chutney for breakfast. We can serve this chutney for Idly, Dosa, Chapati and few snacks like samosas or cutlets. 

We can top the chutney with sesame oil or sun flower oil before serving, I've seen few of my relatives serving this chutney with a dollop of butter on top, Healthy option I would suggest using sesame oil.

Subscribe to me on Youtube English and Youtube Tamil for reviews and recipe updates...

Ingredients:
2 Large Onion(Peeled washed and cubed)
4 Sprigs Curry Leaves
6 Pods Garlic(Peeled)
1 Large Tomato(Washed and Chopped)
8 Red Chilies
Small Piece Tamarind
1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Method: Heat oil in a wok on medium flame. Once the oil starts smoking add asafoetida, red chilies and tamarind fry for a minute. Add onion and curry leaves fry till the onion turns pink in color remove from flame allow to cool. Add tomato, garlic, salt and fried onion to a mixer-jar and grind to form a coarse paste. Serve the chutney for Idly or Dosa...Enjoy...:)


Follow me on Facebook + Zomato+ Insta and Twitter for regular updates...

Comments