Signature Asian restaurant, Xin at Sheraton-Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, is the only Hot Pot serving restaurant on the entire Macao peninsula, and is famous for its signature Portuguese Seafood Rice that is served there. I was fortunate to receive this recipe from Chef Lei Suu Wang who wanted to feature his recipe for my viewers.
What is Xin Seafood?
The concept of Xin, which literally translates to “freshness” was inspired by a vibrant Asian seafood market. Hot Pot experience at Xin, located on the ground floor of the hotel. Xin offers Asian hotpot, fresh-from-the-tank seafood and Asian-inspired dishes.
PORTUGESE PORTUGESE SEAFOOD RICE RECIPE
1000g long grain rice/Basmati
300g firm white fish, cut into pieces
300g squid, cut into pieces
500g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
300g fresh clams
1000g fresh mussels
300g mud crab, cut into quarters
100g onion, finely chopped
30g red capsicum, finely chopped
2g bay leaf
80g minced garlic
20g minced ginger
40ml white wine
5g cayenne pepper
30g coriander, finely chopped
500ml tomato sauce
- Fry all the seafood in a big shallow pan for about 5 minutes, or until you notice a slight change in color, and set aside.
- In another big pot, saute onion, garlic, ginger, red capsicum, and bay leaf until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add white wine, tomato sauce, cayenne pepper and water.
- Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, steam the rice and set aside.
- In the pan with the seafood, add rice and white wine tomato sauce mixture and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Transfer to bowls, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.