400 to 500 Grams Egg Plant
1 Large Tomato
1 Large Onion
5 Pods Garlic
8 Cheese Slices
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning (Basil and Thyme)
1 Tsp Pepper powder + Salt
1/4 Cup Maida(all purpose flour)
3 Tbsp Corn flour
3 Cups Bread Crumbs
Oil for Frying
- Wash and peel the onion and garlic chop. Wash and chop the tomato onion and chilly.
- Add the onion, tomato, chilly and garlic to the mixer jar and grind to form a smooth paste add splash of water if needed to form a paste.
- Transfer the puree to a wok place the wok on low flame.
- Add salt, pepper powder, basil and thyme stir and bring to a boil allow to reduce on low flame.
- Once the sauce has reduced remove from flame and reserve.
- Wash and pat dry the egg plant. Remove the steam or head of the egg plant cut in half then in quarters make sure you cut the egg plant quarters into large chunks.
- Use a sharp knife to then slice right in the center of each egg plant make sure you dont slice it all the way thru.
- Cut the cheese into small pieces and reserve.
- Take the egg plant piece and spread the tomato sauce then stuff with cheese and reserve.
- Mix all purpose flour and corn flour with a pinch of salt and water create a smooth paste.
- Spread the bread crumbs in a plate. Dip the egg plant sandwiches in the batter shake out excess batter roll in bread crumbs reserve.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame gently drop the breaded egg plant in hot oil gently flip and fry.
- Once the fritters turn golden brown in color drain the excess oil place on tissue and serve hot with chai..Enjoy...:)
Prepare and store pizza and pasta sauce in bulk..