Moringa Oleifera : The Miracle Tree is found through out India its really famous in southern India we prepare lot of recipes using drumstick & leafs. this rasam recipe is good for gastric & diabetic patients and kids over all its really good for everybody its packed with vitamin A & C its also packed with iron. murrungai keerai rasam is my favorite. there are few favorite recipes using these greens which i will be blogging very soon...:)
Click Here to view tomato rasam recipe.
2 Large Ripe Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Tamarind Paste (if your using whole tamarind take a small lime size ball of tamarind)
4 Garlic Pods
1 Cup Murungai keerai (its very important to wash the greens thoroughly we normally wash the green thrice)
Fist Full Coriander leafs and stems
2 Sprigs Curry leafs
1/4 Tsp Cooking Soda
Click Here for rasam podi recipe
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 Tsp Cumin Seeds
2 Dry Red Chilies
1 Pinch Asafoetida
- In a heavy bottom pan or wok boil 1 cup water add cooking soda and the greens allow the green to cook thoroughly and reserve in a bowl.
- Boil another cup of water in the same wok and add the tomatoes to cook till well done.
- Once the tomatoes have cooked to a mushy consistency remove from flame add the tamarind paste and extract the pulp from the tomato.
- Add salt mix well and check for sour content.
- Add the cooked greens to the tomato puree along with the garlic, coriander and curry leafs.
- Bring to a rapid boil and add the rasam podi mix and allow to boil once and remove from flame.
- Heat a fry pan with 1 tbsp oil add mustard and cumin seeds allow to splutter.
- Add dried red chilies and asafoetida and temper the rasam. serve hot with rice and Enjoy...:)
Video Recipe in English...Enjoy....:)