I made these truffles for daddy's birthday. He loved them so much the crisp chocolate covering on top and crunchy truffle inside made it to the spotlight the entire batch of truffles vanished in no time. the choice was good I've used Mocha flavored chocolate chip biscuits the slight bitter taste from the coffee made a real good difference to the entire recipe. However people who like bitter taste can add 2tbsps instant coffee to the mixture.
Do watch the demo video...enjoy...:)
2 Tbsp Nutella
1 Tbsp Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Tsp Dalda or butter
2 Packets of Hide & Seek
200 grams of Dark chocolate
1 Tbsp of Dalda
to decorate: sprinkles, grated coconut or coco powder
- Crush the biscuits and add to a coffee grinder pulse twice till ground to a coarse powder consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and 1 tsp of butter to a micro safe bowl and place in the microwave for 30 sec or until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the nutella & melted chocolate to the cookie crumbs and mix well till a dough consistency has formed.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate until the mixture is set.
- Take small portions of the dough an form equal size truffles and freeze them till firm consistency.
- Add the dark chocolate and 1 tbsp butter to a micro safe bowl microwave until thoroughly melted it took me 1 minute to melt the dark chocolate and kept stirring the chocolate in every 30 sec interval make sure the chocolate doesn't burn in the process. at times the chocolate will get burnt instantly when we use a microwave.
- Add a tsp of oil in the plate and set aside.
- Take the frozen truffles and dip them in the melted chocolate using a fork
- Place the truffles on a greased surface decorate with sprinkles or shredded coconut and refrigerate until set.
I Love You Daddy....♥♥♥....♥♥♥...