Review: Food Tasting from Cafe Peperoncino - Yelahanka, Bengaluru

I'm being very honest with my reviews and opinion on the food tasted on this blog. Many times as a blogger I get invites to taste food and the dishes are always accurately prepared, PR's and Resturant owners make sure to give it the best shot and spoil us with so many options.

Originally all my reviews on this blog and on Youtube was paid until the network on PR crew started. Finally I got to do my thing reviewing my way with my choice I like to select from the menu and taste with my family.

More than me it is my parents who crave pizzas and pastas, on the few occasions I get to spent at home with my parents, I got to order from Zomato. Why zomato? Because they gave me a tempting offer of 200/- off on my order. I basically wanted to use my zomato coupon and purchase some pizzas and snacks.

Finally on the app I get to add my location details and few places pop what I wanted to do was to try only delivery place which offered cafe style food and came across Cafe Peperoncino. 

After I finished my order, instantly I get a call from the delivery guy asking me to privately whatsapp him the location as Zomato map is not working. I was bit concerned to just give my residential address to a random zomato delivery guy. This was my first issue.

We never order online as its very sketchy and always opt for pickup from the location. So the whole point of my story I never share my location to anyone unless I know them.

Then a call again from the delivery guy saying its taking a long time than expected at this point it was already 45 minutes after order. Finally after few calls with him he located me and delivered the food after one hour.

We were so hungry at this point. My poor parents who are diabetic get one cheat day in months and this was about to get worst. By the time this delivery guy came my parents already ate couple of leftover chapatis.

Coming to the food, the first thing I notice was Swiggy tape on Zomato order, I tend to notice details, a zomato tape should be sealed to the food pack when we order from the company. This is second issue.
Subscribe to me on Youtube English and Tamil Channels for regular updates 😉

Here's What I order:
French Fries: Due to delay in delivery all my french fries were soggy from the steam. Lack of seasoning, very chewy and not worth a dime. 


Chicken Fingers: Chicken was super dry and coated with crumbs and fried. This was not soggy to our surprise. Served with a fry sauce mayo and ketchup mixture. Horrible taste with no flavours and seasoning.

Jalapeno Poppers: Mashed up potato with pieces of preserved jalapeno peppers formed into patties, crumb coated and fried. No flavor, No taste, No spice, No seasoning. Sorry to say this was also smelling like old oil.

Fish Fingers: Very bland and fishy fish fingers. Even my parents did not want to risk eating this. This also comes with the same fry sauce. All the starters have same fry sauce. Portion size for all the starters was less.


Next were the pizzas: Nepoli Pork Salami Pizza i don't know what it means?  What looked like hand rolled 7 inch pizza base had very less sauce and cheese. they did not even cook the salami. Many pork products cannot be consumed as it is I am very cautious about half cooked pork products.



Paneer and Corn Pizza: Very average taste. Less sauce and toppings. My mom liked the soft base. For me this was soggy and not soft.


Peri Peri Chicken Pizza: Pizza base on this was good but very less chicken topping and sauce.

After this experience I wonder if zomato does periodic checks on the kitchen. There should be people appointed to randomly taste test and approve them on the site.

Many people like me will end up loosing money and can only be vocal on socialmedia. This sort of approach from zomato was not expected, I will not be blaming the kitchen as they are trying randomly to dish out food which they don't know how to cook.

I could have spent the same cash and prepared everything from scratch and had double the amount of food to share with my neighbors, there is no point cribbing at this point.


 Cafe Peperoncino Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments