Sweet Dosa Waffles Recipe

Sweet dosas are a common breakfast across our southindian homes, my mom and granny used to prepare this dish for me after school. Traditionally they would serve sweet dosas with mildly spiced coconut chutney, banana and honey mixture or with dal payasam.

I must thank prestige for this waffle maker which, I received 2 years ago and still using it. This waffle maker is well loved in my family I'm planning to get another one from amazon or flipkart. I like the waffles shape than dosas we can easily pack it for lunch and also prepare different toppings of choice. This video is not sponsored out of my personal experience I highly recommend everyone to own a waffle maker.

Ingredients: 
1 Liter Idly Dosa Batter
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Dry Roasted Grated Coconut
1/2 Cup Jaggery / Coconut Sugar
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder 
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg Powder 
1/4 Tsp Cooking Soda
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder 
1 Tsp Salt 
Butter / Ghee and Oil as required...

   
To the dosa batter add whole wheat flour, jaggery, grated and dry roasted coconut, cardamom powder, cooking soda, baking powder, nutmeg powder and pinch of salt. 

Combine all the ingredients in the batter. Cover and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Dosa Waffle Recipe Video on Youtube...Subscribe for more recipes!

Heat the waffle maker once the green light is on open and apply generous amount of butter.

Pour the batter in a even layer and spread it if needed using a spoon.

Cover and cook the waffles until the green light appears.

Once the green light is on we can flip the waffles, cover and cook until brown and crispy.

Gently remove the waffles from the waffle maker and serve hot.

Comments