Since we stay in a apartment these days we dont have a regular stone to break the coconut dad the genius found this coconut chipper in the market and yes he is the only one in the family knows how to handle it...:D
- After breaking the coconut you can either use a scraper to grate the coconut or a simple method to remove the husk is to cut the coconut into chunks as usual and with the help of a potato peeler peel out the outer brown thin skin this way its very easy to prepare pure white shredded coconut.
- Rinse the coconut twice in water before adding to mixerjar.
- Add the coconut in to a small coffee grinder and pulse for 3 to 4 times this will give great results and we have perfect grated coconut.
1 Cup Grated Coconut
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Ghee
1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
Pinch of Salt
- In a heavy bottom wok add the grated coconut and sugar combine the sugar and coconut.
- Allow the coconut and sugar mixture to rest for 1 hour before preparing.
- After an hour the coconut and sugar have combined thoroughly the sugar has melted and ready to be cooked.
- Before placing the burfi on fire apply very little ghee on a plate and set aside.
- Place the wok on the fire and constantly keep stirring the mixture on medium flame add ghee, cardamom powder and salt stir and combine all the ingredients.
- Once the coconut mixture combines and leaves the sides of the wok remove from flame.