click here to read more...I first got the recipe from cherukuriprasads blog tried the recipe out and did my own modification to the recipe...
2 Cups Papaya
500ml Heavy Whipping Cream (the cream i used had 20% of sugar content in it)
2 Cups Milk (full fat)
4 Tbsp Condensed milk
1/2 Cup Walnuts
1/2 Cup Canned Cheery or tutti fruity
2 Tbsp Custard Powder
2 Tbsp Liquid Glucose
2 Tbsp Gelatin
- First of all I added the peeled and de-seeded papaya to a blender and prepared and puree.
- 1/2 Cup of water can be added to the papaya while preparing a puree.
- Add the Gelatin in a bowl with 1/3 cup water and allow to soak for 10 min.
- Dilute the custard powder by adding little milk and set aside.
- Place the milk to boil add the condensed milk and allow to boil on medium flame.
- Place the liquid glucose in the micro wave for 30 seconds.
- Add the liquid glucose to the boiling milk and stir.
- Place the gelatin in microwave for 30 seconds and melt.
- Add the gelatine to the milk and stir.
- Finally add the custard powder to the milk and stir till a thick custard is formed.
- Once the custard is formed allow to cool in room temperature.
I've had so many people ask how can we get perfect soft peaks or stiff peaks...first of all try to place your freezer setting on max allow the whipping cream to freeze over night chill the whipping blades and bowl too..
preferably choose early in the morning or evening time to whip the cream at this point the temperature at home will be moderate.
- I've added the whipping cream to the bowl and whipped till soft peaks placed a cover and allowed to chill in the freezer.
- Add the custard to the papaya puree and blend well.
- Chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Add the papaya to the cream in batched and fold till combined properly.
- Add the walnuts and cherry to the papaya mixture and mix well till combined.
- Place a cover allow to freeze over night.
Once the icecream is set scoop in a bowl garnish with scooped papaya, chocolate chip cookie or ginger cookies and serve with love enjoy....Happy cooking...:)
This recipe can be stored in fridge for upto 2 weeks the first time i prepared this icecream it had crystals in it since i did not add gelatin and glucose make sure you whip the cream thoroughly and then add all the ingredients follow the steps and enjoy home made ice cream...:)
Please look into the demo video in english...enjoy...:)