Baked Tomato, Bread Pizza & Sausage Rice 3 in 1 Recipe Challenge...:)
My challenge with my friends from facebook was to do 3 in 1 recipe...I was glad to take the challenge and had 3 packets of chicken sausage in my freezer with some corn and 2 capsicum left other ingredients were cheese tomatoes and bread. trust me i had no clue what to do with these ingredients...till last minute then i planned a menu that i always prepare and enjoy...chicken sausage is the only processed food we buy on a regular basis...
The rules for the challenge is to use products and ingredients available at home not to shop for extra fitting ingredients for the recipe...if you want to take this challenge try to post your response i will feature you on my next blog...enjoy ..:)
This recipe can be altered as per your requirement you can leave the sausage out and add mushrooms and paneer its up to you...the chicken sausage base can be refrigerated for a weeks time and you can even prepare roti rolls using same base...
4 Chicken Sausage (cut into small pieces)
1/2 Cup Sweet Corn (steamed)
1/2 Cup Capsicum/Bell Pepper ( cut into small pieces)
1/2 Cup Onion( cut into small pieces)
3 to 4 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
3 Ripe Tomatoes
2 Cups Cooked Rice (preferably left over rice)
1/2 Cup Grated Cheese
1 Tbsp Butter
Italian seasoning optional
Salt to taste.
- Heat a wok with a tbsp of butter add onion chilies and capsicum fry the ingredients for 2 to 3 minutes till softened
- Add sausage and salt and fry for another 2 more minutes.
- Add the steamed corn and fry a bit add salt and remove from flame.
- Add 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning and mix the ingredients allow to cool before storing in and airtight container.
- Make sure to choose ripe and firm tomatoes for the recipe.
- Cut the tomato into half and scoop the seeds using a spoon.
- Fill the sausage base into the tomato shells top it with cheese.
- Place the tomato in microwave dish and micorwave for 5 minutes. serve as side dish for any rice items or sandwich the tomatoes in bread...Enjoy...:)
- We would require regular white or wheat bread slices.
- For Pizza sauce recipe click on the link or visit my labels marked tomato.
- Spread the sauce on the bread add 2 spoon fulls of the base and top it with grated cheese.
- Microwave till for 2 minutes and serve hot. I like to have a crust in bread pizza i prefer to use regular tava/skillet to prepare bread pizza to the tava add a tsp oil and place the prepared bread and cover with lid for 2 minutes on medium flame till cheese melts and serve hot...Enjoy...:)
- We would require cooked rice for the recipe the process is same using the same base i have added pasta sauce you can add tomato puree and prepare the base.