Mutton Keema Biryani
Thanks to my cousin sister veena she gave me a wonderful recipe we enjoyed i served biryani with kababs eggs and raita it was super duper tasty and very nice for rainy weather....mom and dad loved it so much they asked me to prepare this biryani again...:)
500 Grams Keema(lamb mince)
500 Grams Basmati Rice
1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
1 Large Tomato (roughly chopped)
3 Green Chilly (slit)
2 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
3 Tbsp Yogurt
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilly Powder
3 Pods Cardamom
1 Inch Cinnamon Stick
1 Bay leaf
Fist full coriander and mint leafs (finely chopped)
1/2 Lime juice
4 Tbsp Ghee
3 Tbps Oil
Salt to taste.
How to prepare ginger and garlic paste:
I would normally take equal measure 1/3 cup of ginger and garlic and add 1 tbsp of fennel seeds and grind to a smooth paste i will not add water while grinding to a paste rather add 2 tbsp vinegar and 1/4 tsp salt this paste will remain fresh in the fridge for 2 weeks preserve in a glass airtight container.
For 1 coffee glass rice i have added 1 1/2 Cup water. for 1/2 kilo rice the measure was 3 glasses rice i added 4 1/2 glass water. if you have chicken or mutton broth add 3 cups mutton broth and 1 1/2 cups water. mom some times will add regulare skimmed milk instead of water you can do that as well so you'll add 3 cups of broth or water and 1 1/2 cups milk.However i added 3 cups mutton broth and 1 1/2 cup water.
- On a medium flame heat a handi add 2 tbsp ghee and 2 tbsp oil add the ginger and garlic paste to the oil and fry a bit add the spices cardamom, cinnamon and cloves fry add the onion tomato and green chilly together and fry till the onion and tomatoes soften.
- Add the chilly powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder to the onion and tomato fry.
- Add yogurt and fry the masala till the oil surfaces to the sides
- Add the mince meat and combine the masala and fry the meat.
- After frying the meat for 5 minutes you can see moisture content from the meat depending on the moisture add 1 to 2 cups water and add salt cover and cook the meat till well done.
- If there is moisture in the meat put it on medium flame and allow the moisture to evaporate.
- wash the rice thrice. if you want you can soak the rice for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pressure cooker add oil and ghee fry the bay leaf add washed and drained rice fry for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the cooked meat to the rice and mix well add water and and salt coriander, mint and lime mix well and cover.
- Once the pressure starts to build place the whistle and cook exactly for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients once before serving...Serve hot and Enjoy...:)
watch my demo video...enjoy...:)