Masala Puri Chaat
Ingredients For Masala Gravy:
1 Cup Cooked Pigeon Peas
or Fresh cooked green peas can be substituted.
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Strands Javitri(mace)
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
2 Pinch Nut Meg
Small Piece Marati Moggu
1/2 Tsp Turmeric and Chat Masala
A pinch Cumin and Carom Powder
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- Dry roast the whole spices and coconut to light pink color.
- Add the dry roasted spices and cooked dal to a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups water to liquidize the dal mixture.
- Strain the dal using a sieve.
- Transfer the dal to a heavy bottom pot and bring to a boil add salt and the dry masala chili powder, pepper powder, chat masala, turmeric, carom powder and cumin powder stir well and reduce a bit
- Once the gravy is done prepare the masala puri right away.
Ingredients to prepare masala puri:
Store bought Puri
1 Boiled Potato (Crumbled)
1 Cup Boiled Green Peas
Tamarind Chutney Please Click here for recipe
Mint ChutneyClick Here for recipe
2 Large Onions (Finely Chopped)
2 Tomatoes (d seeded and chopped into small cubes)
Store bought Kara Sev