One of my friend from Tibet gave me this recipe. I like to have chilli chicken bit dry if you dont like it dry fry then add extra tomato puree to get sauce. green chilies can be added if you like extra heat I have seen some people add green chilly paste to the chicken while frying and for the masala they add dried chili...alter as per your taste...For Marination:
1/2 Kilo Boneless Chicken
1 Tbsp Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Dark Soy
1/4 Tsp Ajinomoto (Optional)
1 Cube Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Maida
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
1 Tbsp Chilli Sauce and Dark Soy
2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1/2 Tsp Vinegar
20 Dried Red Chili
1 Medium Onion roughly chopped
2 Bell Pepper chopped into cubes
1 Chicken Stock Cube
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying and masala
- Marinate the chicken with egg, pepper powder, chicken stock cube, dark soy, ginger garlic paste, ajinomoto, maida and corn flour. mix all the ingredients well into the chicken and allow to marinate upto 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok on medium flame with oil for frying.
- Mix the marinated chicken well before frying.
- Add the marinated chicken cubes to hot oil and fry till golden brown drain the oil and reserve in a plate.
- Break the dried chilies.
- Heat a wok with 2 tsp oil fry the dried chili and onion till transparent.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and fry for a minute.
- Add tomato puree, chili sauce, vinegar, ajinomoto, dark soy and chicken cube fry and allow the bell pepper to soften a bit.
- Add the fried chicken to the masala and fry will till combined. Garnish with spring onion serve hot for fried rice or hakka noodles...Enjoy...:)
Do enjoy my video recipe demo in detail...:)