I wanted to prepare something new was experimenting on few dishes and finally some how combined keema and brinjal the curry was tasty we liked it with rumali roti. Next time I'm going to try the same recipe with chicken and also a coconut curry base.
For meat stuffing
300 Grams Eggplant/Brinjal
250 Grams Lamb Mince or Chicken Mince
3 to 4 Chilies
1 Tsp Chilly powder, 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder, 1/4 Tsp Coriander powder, 1 Tsp Desiccated Coconut, 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper corns, 1 Tsp Garam Masala
1/2 Onion roughly chopped
2 Sprigs Mint and Coriander Leaves
1 Onion Paste
1 Tomato Pureed
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder, 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder, 1 Tsp Coriander powder, 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
Oil and ghee as required
Salt as per taste
Lime juice mint and coriander leaves for garnish.
- If you get a fine mince then avoid this step. Add meat to a mixerjar grind to create a fine mince reserve in a mixing bowl.
- In the same mixer jar add the spices, coriander, mint, chilies, ginger and garlic grind to form a paste add the paste to the mince mix well and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Clean the brinjal scrape the thrones from steam cut the steam half way cut the brinjal into segments once the brinjal is chopped add to water this will avoid discoloration.
- Once the mince has marinated for half hour add salt and mix since there is onion in the mince it may tend to release a lot of moisture and will be tough for us to fill the keema inside the brinjal.
- Stuff the mince inside the brinjal.
- Add 2 Tsp oil in a wok place it on medium flame. Gently place the stuffed brinjal to the wok cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame do not add water to the vegetable the mince has enough moisture it will cook the brinjal.
- After 10 minutes gently turn the brinjal and cook it till well done. Remove from flame.
- Place another wok on medium flame add 2 tbsp oil or ghee once the wok is hot add the onion paste and ginger and garlic paste fry till raw flavor has gone and the onion should turn light pink in color.
- Add tomato and dry spices fry a bit add water and salt stir and cover cook the gravy till oil separates.
- Once the oil separated add the brinjal gently spoon the gravy on the brinjal cover and cook the brinjal for a minute garnish with lime juice, mint and coriander serve hot...Enjoy...:)
Please do not copy any content and pics without written permission from me: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you so much for visiting my blog.