Mixed Vegetable Bonda
I've done a detail demo video for this recipe do look into the video at the bottom of the page and post your comments if your a youtube user do subscribe to my channel @ Viduoo9 its free...Enjoy:)
1/3 Cup Steamed Vegetables-Carrots,Beetroot,Green peas,Green Beans
2 Large Boiled Potatoes
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Green Chilly Paste
1 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 Kitchen King masala
1 Pinch Asafoetida
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 Cup Besan Flour (Chick pea flour)
3-4 Tbsp Rice Flour
Oil For Frying
Salt to Taste.
- Use Steam vegetables to save time....i used leftover steamed veg from lunch...
- Heat a kadai and add 2 tbsp of oil fry the ginger and garlic paste first tip in the onion fry well add the chilly paste and fry for 2 mins tip in the turmeric powder and kitchen king masala fry well tip in the vegetables fry well add the boiled potato and add salt as per taste and mix well and allow to cool .
- In a bowl add the rice flour and gram flour(besan) add the chilly powder asafoetida salt and baking soda mix all the dry ingredients first and water slowly and mix to a thick pancake batter mix the batter should coat your finger and should not be runny.
- Heat oil for frying in a kadai on medium flame and form small roundels out of the vegetables dip in the batter and slowly slide into the hot oil slowly fry the bonda drain the oil on a paper towel...serve hot with mint chutney and honey dip...Enjoy...:)
When i was a kid mom always used to prepare these bonda for tea time everyone at home enjoyed this wonderful snack you can prepare this recipe even with potato and green peas very tasty and quit an enjoyable recipe after a hard days work do try this recipe and post your comments...:)
- I did few mistakes in this recipe I added cornflakes powder to the batter please do not experiment with the batter as the consistence and texture varies a lot.
- I should have added more potatoes to the vegetables masala.
My Recipe Demo In English...Enjoy...:)