Pannakkam or pannagam is normally prepared during SRI RAMA NAVAMI (Celebration of Lord Rama's Birth). We can add fruits of our choice to this drink I've used musk melon, other than banana all citrus and melon fruits can be chopped and added to this cooler recipe.
1/4 Piece Musk Melon1 Cup Jaggery
3 Pods Cardamom
1/4 Tsp Ginger Powder
1/2 Lime Juice
3 1/2 Cups Chilled Water
1 Pinch Coarse Salt
- Soak the jaggery and salt in chilled water for 20 minutes make sure jaggery dissolves completely.
- Using a strainer strain the jaggery and reserve.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush the cardamom.
- Clean the melon remove the seeds and skin chop into small pieces and reserve in a bowl.
- Using your hands or back of a spoon mash the melon into fine bits.
- Add the melon to the jaggery water tip in the cardamom and ginger powder squeeze in the lime juice stir well and serve chilled...Enjoy...:)