Dill & Onion Samosa (Samosa Irani)
I did veg version of samosa Irani you can add cooked lamb mince or chicken mince to the same dill masala and prepare the ultimate samosa. these samosas are so famous during ramadan festival every evening once the fast time is over they would serve hot samosas with chai..i love these samosas so much its so simple and easy try it for sure...:)
(2 Bunches Dill Leafs
Fist Full Coriander and Mint Leafs)
the greens must be thoroughly washed atleast 3 to 5 times and finely chopped.
4 Large Onion (thinly sliced)
1Tbsp Garam Masala Powder
1 Tbsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste (I like to add 1/4 tsp fennel seeds while grinding ginger garlic paste)
2 Tbsp Maida mixed with little bit water (this will help seal the edges)
3 Tbsp Oil & Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
Samosa Patti sheets are easily available in super market try to use that saves heck a lot of time and moneys worth these sheets cost me 30rs only.
- Heat oil in a wok add ginger garlic paste fry till raw smell has gone add onion and fry till transparent add 1/2 tsp salt this will help the onion to soften fast.
- once the onion has turned transparent add the chilly powder, turmeric powder and garam masala to the onion and fry the raw texture for the masala should go and you will have good aroma while frying the onions this is when we should add dill, coriander and mint leafs to the onion and fry a bit water can be sprinkled to cook the greens a bit..I however place a lid and allow the greens to wilt down on its own on a low flame.
- After 10 minutes the onion and greens should have cooked trust me your house is going to smell super duper...:p allow the mixture to cool before filling into the patty sheet.
- Take about a tbsp of filling and place on the patty and fold as show on the diagram.
- Seal the edges with the maida mixture.
- Heat oil in a wok to fry the samosas gently drop the samosa in the oil and fry till golden brown drain the oil on a paper towel and serve hot with mint chutney...Enjoy...:)
Recipe in English demo video...enjoy:)