Tiranga Pulao/Tricolor Rice (Indian Flag Inspired)
WISHING EVERYONE HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
This tricolor rice recipe is very old recipe once in my teens we had dinned out and the restaurant served us tricolor rice since it was independence day we were a bit surprised to see the rice colored it was fun.
myself and mom had made up our minds to try the recipe one day at home we tried it was a hit...when ever we had relatives or friends visiting us we always used to prepare this rice everyone in my house and friends circle knows about this recipe.
I still enjoy making it...kids will get attracted so fast they will love it even adults will love this recipe you can alternate as per your wish dried fruits & nuts can be added...it totally depends on your budget adding paneer to this rice is my choice in the restaurant they had added finely chopped carrots and peas...do try this recipe share and enjoy..:)
Do view my recipe demo video...:)
Due to copy rights issue the video was taken down last year my heart broke when youtube took my video down but its all about starting over redid the video and made sure i will upload the video again...this my story for independence share your story and spread love hope and confidence around the world...♥♥♥
2 Cups Basmati Rice (cooked)
1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
1 Cup Green Peas(cooked)
150 Grams Panner(cut into cubes)
5 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
2 Sprigs Curry leafs
Fist full Mint & Coriander (finely chopped)
1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Inch Cinnamon
3 Pods Cardamom
1 Bay leaf
1 Inch Ginger
6 Garlic pods
3 Green Chillies
1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
I've used a mortar and pestle to prepare coarsely ground masala.
Green & Orange Food Coloring
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Ghee
Salt to taste
- Heat a heavy bottom wok or handi add oil and ghee add the whole spices cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon and cumin and fry a bit.
- Add the ginger garlic masala and fry till the raw flavor has gone.
- Add the finely chopped onion, chilles and curry leafs fry till the onion turns transparent.
- Add the panner and cooked peas to the onion and fry a bit add the salt as per taste and mix well.
- In 2 separate bowls take about 4 tbsp full rice.
- Add the food coloring I've added 3 pinch of food coloring in each bowl try to mix the rice and allow the color to distribute evenly in the rice.
- If the color is not distributed evenly in the rice then add 1/2 tsp milk to the rice and mix well.
- First add the white rice and coriander to the panner masala and mix well.
- Check for salt add if need mix the white rice well before adding the colored rice
- Add the colored rice and fold gently till all the colored rice distributes evenly cover for 2 minutes and serve hot...Enjoy..:)
To prepare cooked rice for the recipe I've washed the rice thrice and added 1 1/2 cups water for 1 cup rice and pressure cooked for 2 whistles.