Butter Dumpligs/Benne Kadubu/Uppu Urundai
Benne Kadubu is served across malnad (mangalore, chikmagalur and coorg) its normally served for lunch or dinner. These lite and fluffy dumplings can be served with coconut chutney or chicken curry.
1 Cup Cream of Rice
1/4 Cup Coconut grated
1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
2 Cups Water
Salt to Taste
Do watch the video demo...:)
- Boil water in a heavy bottom wok or pan add coconut and butter to the boiling water.
- Once the butter has melted and the coconut has cooked a bit add the rice and keep stirring make sure there are no lumps formed in the process. cover and allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from flame allow to cool.
- Form equal size roundels and place in a steamer or idly cooker to steam.
- Allow the dumplings to cook for 10 minutes till firm and and soft.