One Pot Misal Pav (Sprouted mung beans in a spicy gravy)
Like: Facebook Subscribe: Youtube English Youtube Tamil Reviews: Zomato Tweet me: Twitter Vidya on: G+
This recipe is my version of misal pav. we like it hot and spicy and eat the gravy with naan, roti and pav buns. simply an amazing winter/monsoon recipe healthy and very economical this recipe serves 5. You can also switch up and add a mixture of different sprouts and veggies of your choice.
250 grams Mung Bean sprouts
for masala paste
6 Dried Red Chillies
2 Strands Mace
2 Inch Sticks Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Dry Shredded Coconut (Kopra)
10 Pods Garlic
Dry Caper Berry/ Marathi Moogu small piece
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Tandoori Garam Masala
3 Tbsp Oil and Ghee
Salt as per taste
Coriander, Lime Juice and Farsan(mixture) for garnish.
- Clean the sprouts and add to a pressure cooker add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 1 whistle or until the dhal is cooked.
- Par boil the potatoes peal and cube.
- Peel and chop onion and tomatoes into chunks add to a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste add water if needed.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp ghee add the dry red chillies, kopra, caper berry, garlic, cloves, cinnamon and mace fry a bit allow to cool and transfer to a mixer jar add a splash of water and grind to a smooth paste reserve.
- Heat a heavy bottom pot or pan on medium flame. add 2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp ghee.
- Add the coarsely pureed onion and 1/2 a cup water stir and keep frying on low flame this way onion will cook evenly.
- Once the onion starts to turn light brown in color add the masala paste and fry once more till oil separates a bit.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and fry add the dry ingredients chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and tandoori masala and fry a bit once the oil separates add the cooked mung sprouts and potatoes fry a bit.
- Add salt as per taste add water upto 2 cups and bring to a rapid boil once the potatoes are fork tender its done garnish with lime juice and chopped coriander serve hot with onion rings farsan and pav buns...enjoy...:)
Please dont copy content and pics from my blog if I or my associates find any material from vidyascooking used with out permission we will take stern action and charge for copyrights. please help me and the blogging community to grown.