Mutton Samosa Video Recipe
Mini Melt in your Mouth Mutton Samosa's are my Dad's favorite and most requested snack/meal. I prepare many different variation sometime I would prepare these samosa just as it is with out peas or cashews...normally amma would add boiled and crumbled potatoes to the meat...third variation we love is with cheese its gooey very tasty...If you want to add cheese make sure to add extra chilly for heat as the heat level in the meat will reduce..
500 Grams Mutton or Chicken Keema (I've used mutton keema for this recipe)
1 Onion Fist, Full Mint and Coriander, 4 to 5 Chilies, Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder, 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala, 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1/2 Cup Green Peas
2 Tbsp Ghee
Salt as per taste..
Oil for Frying
For Samosa Masala:
3 Dried Red Chilies, 1/2 Tsp Pepper Corns, 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds, 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds, 1 Tbsp Anardana(dried pomegranate seeds)
For Samosa Dough:
2 Cups Maida/all purpose flour, 2 Tbsp Ghee, 1 Tsp Nigella seeds Salt as per taste..
- Heat a wok on low to medium flame Dry Roast: 3 Dried Red Chilies, 1/2 Tsp Pepper Corns, 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds, 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds, 1 Tbsp Anardana(dried pomegranate seeds)
- Once the spices splutter and you start getting aromatic flavor remove from flame transfer the spices on a paper or plate allow to cool.
- Add the spices to a mixer jar and grind to form a powder...
- Prepare a Dough: In a mixing bowl add 2 Cups Maida/all purpose flour, 2 Tbsp Ghee, 1 Tsp Nigella seeds Salt as per taste...Sprinkle water and knead to form a tight dough..
- Once the dough is formed cover and allow to rest for an hours time..
- Prepare the Filling: Wash the meat allow all the moisture to drain in the colander.
- Heat a wok on medium flame add ghee once the ghee is hot add ginger and garlic paste fry a bit till raw flavor has gone. Add finely chopped onion chillies mint and coriander fry till onion trun transparent.
- Add the meat to the onions add chilly powder, garam masala and turmeric also add salt fry all the ingredients till the meat releases moisture..
- Add the peas and 1/2 cup water cover and cook on low flame or until the meat is almost done.
- Add cashews and 1 tbsp of the samosa masala check for salt add if needed cook further until there is no moisture in the meat.
- Prepare Samosa: Take a golf ball size dough dip in a small amount of oil roll out on a clean surface. using a tiffin box lid cut into equal rounds.
- Cut the rounds into halfs...take the semi circle dough join both ends to create a cone..place the created cone in the cup of your left hand...fill the cone with meat mixture cover the flap and seal the edges..
- Heat oil in a wok gently drop the samosa in hot oil and fry till golden brown on low flame..Once the samosas turn crispy and golden brown in color drain the oil and serve hot with chutney or sauce...Enjoy...:)
Do try the Recipe and Post your comments here or on Youtube. Thank you so much for visiting my space. Please do not copy any content and pics without written permission contact me via: firstname.lastname@example.org