This chicken curry does not contain any onion its a thin gravy best served for poori, naan or bread. Very simple and easy to prepare dish if your hosting any dinner or lunch party this gravy will be easy to prepare. We prepare this poori and chicken curry combo during monsoon season and I thoroughly enjoy the fluffy poori and spicy gravy...
750 Grams to 1 Kilo Chicken (you can use any cut chicken for this recipe)
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Pepper corns
2 inch Sticks Cinnamon
4 Pods Cardamom
1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
15 Green Chilies (Adjust the heat as per your preference)
2 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
Fist Full Mint and Coriander
2 Tbsp Ghee
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Lime Juice for garnish...
- Wash the chicken allow all the moisture to drain in a colander.
- Add the chicken to a mixing bowl add yogurt and turmeric mix and marinate the chicken for 10 minutes on the counter top..
- Take a mixer jar add cardamon, cloves, fennel, peppercorns, coriander powder, chilies, mint and coriander add a splash of water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat a wok or handi on medium flame add 2 tbsp ghee and 1 tbsp oil once the oil and pot is hot add ginger and garlic paste along with the prepared masala paste fry till raw flavor has gone and the oil and ghee should surface..
- Add the chicken to the masala and fry till moisture is released from the chicken add 1 cup water and salt stir and cover till the chicken is cooked once the chicken is done and the oil surfaces on the gravy the chicken curry is done and ready to serve...Serve with hot poori or naan...Enjoy...:)
Thank you so much for visiting...Do try this recipe and post your comments...please do not copy any content and pics with out written permission...email firstname.lastname@example.org..
Layer paratha is also excellent with this chicken curry recipe...