One of my original recipe experiments again turned out awesome...
Please subscribe to me on YouTube for more upcoming video thankyou...:)
200 Grams Brinjal(cubed)
4 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
1 Medium Onion(roughly chopped)
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Turmeric
Salt as per taste
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 Tsp Gram Dhal
A pinch Asafoetida
2 Tbsp Split Chickpeas
15 Whole Dry Red Chilly
2 Tbsp Pepper Corns
Fist Full Garlic Pods
Fist Full Curry Leaves
1 Tsp Asafoetida
1 Cup Dry Shrimp
- Dry roast all the ingredients given in the masala list one by one on a medium flame once dry roasted place on a plate and allow to air dry.
- Add the ingredients to a mixer jar and blend to a fine powder.
- This shrimp powder can be stored in a air tight container in the freezer for months and can be used for many recipes i will post a few authentic tamil cuisine which is totally forgotten in this mordern era...
- Heat oil in a wok temper with mustard allow to splutter then add cumin and gramdhal allow to splutter a bit a asafoetida and fry a bit add curry leaves onion and chilies fry till onion turns light pink in color.
- Add the chopped brinjal turmeric and salt fry a bit add 1/2 cup of water cover and allow to cook till the vegetable is almost done.
- Add 3 to 4 tbsp of the shrimp powder and fry till oil separates from vegetable and the brinjal should turn light brown in color give it a good stir and serve hot with rice and rasam...Enjoy...:)