Keema and Poha combination is one of a kind recipe. Simple and very easy to prepare, vegetarians can most definitely alter the recipe adding veggies soya granules or crumbled paneer. This biryani is very light and a good tiffin box item especially if your hosting a picnic this biryani will be super hit...
Do watch my recipe video and post your comments...
2 1/2 Cups Poha/Aval/Flattened Rice
200 Grams Mutton Keema or Chicken Keema
2 Onions finely chopped
2 Tomatoes crushed in a blender or finely chopped
4 Green Chillies Slit
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1/2 Cup Peas fresh or frozen
2 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Lime Juice
Fist Full Mint and Coriander Finely Chopped
4 Cardamom Pods
1 Black Cardamom
1 Pinch Stone Flower
2 Strands Javitri/ mace
1 inch Stick Cinnamon
1 Bay Leaf
2 Tbsp Oil
2 Tbsp Ghee
Salt as per taste
Disclaimer to food bloggers: This is a original recipe passed down from my aunt please do not copy and re blog the original recipe create recipes on your own do not copy and recreate others work if at all you do please ask for permission and give credits to me and my blog.
- Heat a handi or wok on medium flame add ghee and oil.
- Add the whole spices allow to splutter once the spices splutter add onion and ginger garlic paste fry a bit add a splash of water and fry till the onions soften and oil surfaces.
- Add the tomato chilly powder and turmeric powder keep stirring and fry till all ingredients combine and till oil surfaces add salt as per taste.
- Add keema and fry a bit once the moisture releases a bit add peas slit chillies mint and coriander fry a bit add 1/2 glass of water stir well cover and allow the meat to cook.
- Once the meat has cooked add the poha and mix well add salt if needed add lime juice and mix well cover and place on low flame once the meat mixture and poha are well combine mix once more and serve hot with raita...Enjoy...:)