Peerkangai Paal Poriyal(Kootu) (Milky Ridge Gourd Curry South-Indian Recipe)
Milky Ridge Gourd Curry is normally prepared during winter mom would always prepare this curry with coconut milk. I must call this is one of my wackiest accidental
1/2 Kilo Ridge Gourd
1 Cup Milk
1 Large Onion (Finely Chopped)
2 to 3 Sprigs Curry Leave
5 to 8 Pods Garlic (Chopped)
1/2 Tsp Channa Dhal(Split Chickpeas)
1/2 Tsp Urad Dhal(Split Black Gram)
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
3 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Peel and chop the ridge gourd chop into medium chunks wash pat dry and reserve.
- Heat oil in a wok temper the oil with mustard seeds once the mustard seeds splutters add black gram dhal and channa dhal fry a bit.
- Add asafoetida and garlic fry till raw flavor has gone.
- Add chopped onions and fry add the curry leaves and chilies fry till onions turn pink in color.
- Add the chopped vegetable saute a bit.
- Add milk a splash of water and coarse salt stir and cover the veggie.
- Constantly keep stirring in every 2 minute intervals after 10 minutes the curry will be done give it a final stir garnish with coriander and serve hot with roti...Enjoy...:)