Wishing everyone a very Happy Pongal/Makar Sankranti. Pongal is a staple breakfast item across south its healthy and very rich.
Posted demo recipe video I translate and post the same videos in tamil channel subscribe to me on both my video channel..
1 Cup Rice
3/4 Cup Split Moong Dhal(split mung beans)
3 to 4 Green Chilles Slit
10 to 15 Cashews
2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
1 Inch Ginger Crushed
1/2 Tbsp Pepper Corns
1 Tbsp Cumin seeds
1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
3 Tbsp Ghee
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Please note: if you want to make equal proportion of dhal and rice that will also taste good. the liquid proportion is 1 cup of grains add 4 cups water if you want it sloppy. If you want the rice bit grainy then add 3 cups water.
For restaurant review follow me on Zomato
- Wash and soak the rice and dhal for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pressure cooker on low flame add 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee.
- Add crushed ginger and fry a bit add pepper and cumin fry a bit.
- Add slit chilies and curry leaves fry a bit.
- Add the rice and dhal stir and fry a bit add 41/2 to 5 cups water add salt and place the cover and whistle.
- Cook for 3 to 4 whistles allow the pressure to settle on its own this is a key step to follow do not force open the cooker the pongal consistency is not the same if its force opened.
- Heat a fry pan add ghee and cashew nuts fry till light golden and temper the pongal mix well and serve hot with vada and chutney...Enjoy...:)
Like and Follow me on Facebook
This is the first time ever I'm using a smart phone and truly enjoyed using ASUS Zenfone 6 will post more pics and videos from this phone.
For Medu Vada Recipe Please Click Here
Please do not copy any content or pics from this blog with out permission. Copying ones work is a shameless act. please support me and blogger community. Do follow comment and share this recipe with friends. Thank you so much for visiting My Space.