Sesame DimSum (Ellu Kozhukattai)
Sesame seeds are so good for health this recipe is prepared through out india during ganesha chaturti festival every recipe served to the lord has significance and scientific reason to it these humble dimsums are very good when served hot.
1 Cup Sesame Seeds
1 Cup Jaggery
1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
Idiyappam dough Please Click Here For Recipe
- Dry roast sesame seeds on low to medium flame till light brown in color.
- Reserve in a plate. once cooled add to mixerjar and coarse grind reserve.
- Add the jaggery and water in a heavy bottom pot and melt strain using a sieve.
- Place the jaggery back on stove and bring to one string consistency add the crushed sesame and stir well once combined remove from flame allow to cool a bit.
- While the mixture is still warm apply oil and form ball remaining mixture crumble and reserve.
- Take a portion of the idiyappam dough prepare a well and add the sesame mixture and in the middle and seal the edges.
- Place a cooker with water on steam and place the idiyappam to steam cook for 5 to 10 minutes till well done.
Once done serve hot...enjoy...:)