250 Grams Radish(peeled and cut into coins)
2 Large Potato Cubed
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 Large Tomato Chopped
2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
Fist Full of Coriander
1/4 Cup Fresh Coconut
1 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Inch Cinnamon, 2 Cardamom Pods,4 Cloves, 2 Bay leaf
2 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Cup Split Chick Pea/Channa Dal
3 Tbsp Oil
2 Tbsp Ghee
Salt as per taste
Lime juice for garnish
- Wash the split chick pea twice or till the water is clear add to a pressure cooker with a pinch of turmeric powder and few drops of oil add 2 cups water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles it should be aldente.
- In a mixer jar add coriander and coconut with a splash of water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat a wok with oil and ghee add the whole spices and allow to splutter a bit add ginger and garlic paste fry till raw flavor has gone.
- Add onion curry leaves and fry till transparent add tomato and fry start adding dry powdered spices chilly powder turmeric and coriander powder fry till raw flavor has gone.
- Add the radish and potato stir fry a bit add water and salt as per taste and cook till half done.
- Add the cooked dal stir a bit cover and cook till well done.
- Add the coconut paste stir the gravy add water if needed and cook further till the raw flavor from coconut has gone garnish with lime juice and coriander serve hot with hot rice...Enjoy...:)