This is an excellent side dish best served along with rice dal and rasam if you do not like kohlrabi you can use brinjal or potato using the same masala paste even meats like chicken and mutton can be added...:)
250 Grams Kohlrabi/Nool Kol (peeled and sliced)
1 Large Onion
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
3 Inch Pieces Fresh Coconut
5 to 6 Green Chilies
1/2 Inch Ginger
+ 6 Pods Garlic
1/4 Tsp Pepper Corns
1/4 Tsp Fennel Seeds
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
3 Pods Cardamom
1/4 Tsp Coriander Powder
1 Tbsp Oil
2 Tbsp Ghee
Salt as per taste
Coriander and lime juice for garnish
- In a mixer jar add 1/2 of an onion, coconut, whole spices coriander powder, chilly, ginger and garlic grind to a paste.
- Chop the other half of onion.
- Heat a wok on medium flame add oil and ghee.
- Add the masala paste and turmeric powder and fry till oil separates.
- Add the other half of onion and fry a bit add the kohlrabi salt and fry add water cover and allow to cook.
- Once the vegetable has 3/4 cooked remove the lid and stir fry till well done till moisture evaporates.
- Garnish with coriander and lime juice serve hot with rice...Enjoy...:)