2 Cups Split Black Gram Dal/Urad Dal
1 Inch Ginger
1 Tbsp Pepper corns
1/4 Fresh Coconut
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
- Wash a soak urad dal for 2 hours or till it doubles in size.
- Crush the pepper corns.
- Peel and chop coconut into tiny pieces
- Peel and grind ginger.
- Drain water from the soaked dal add to a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste do not add much water to grind the dal.
- Once the dal is ground add to a mixing bowl along with ginger pepper and coconut add salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame wet your hand take a portion of batter and drop in oil fry till golden brown drain oil and serve hot with coconut chutney or dal soup...Enjoy...:)