Vegetable Brinji is heart of south-indian cuisine... let it be breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner we truly relish this dish...Serve brinji with a simple cucumber yogurt based raita, boiled eggs or mutton masala it's a feast fit for a King..The dish is so simple to prepare no fuss one pot recipe...
500 Grams Basmati Rice
2 Cups Mixed Veggies(Potatoes, Beans, Carrots, Peas)
2 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 large Onion Chopped
5 Green Chilies Slit
Fist Full Mint and Coriander Chopped
(2 Inch Stick Cinnamon, 4 pods Cardamom, 4 Cloves, 2 Strands Mace, 1 Bayleaf, 1 Star annise)
Salt as per taste
2 Tbsp Ghee
2 Tbsp Oil
3 Cups Cows Milk or Coconut Milk
2 Cup Water
4 Bread slices
Oil for frying
Coriander and lime juice for garnish..
- Measure the rice in a cup or tumbler to measure and add liquid later...Wash and soak rice for half hour..
- Heat a pressure cooker on medium flame add oil and ghee..
- Add the spices and fry a bit add the ginger and garlic paste fry till raw flavor has gone...
- Add mint and coriander fry a bit add onion chilies and fry till transparent..
- Add the veggies and fry..Drain the excess water from rice and add to the veggies..
- When I measured the rice it was 2 tea cups. using the same cups for measuring liquid I've added 3 cups milk and 2 cups water added salt and covered the cooker placed the whistle and allowed to cook for 2 whistles..
- In a wok add oil cut bread slices into tiny cubes fry in oil and reserve on a paper towel...
- Once the brinji is done add the bread croutons or cashews along with lime and coriander mix well and serve hot...Enjoy...:)
Suggested Dishes that can compliment this recipe...
Please do not copy any content and pics without written permission from me contact me via: email@example.com...Do try all my recipes and post your comments...thank you so much for visiting my space...Happy Cooking...:)